What you need:
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chives for garnish
- 6 slices bacon - Cooked and crumbled
- Cut the potatoes into cubes. Put them in a saucepan with enough water to cover them. Boil them until tender (approximately 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and transfer to a blender.
- Add chicken broth, milk and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the liquid to pot. Add sour cream, chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with shredded cheese, chives, and bacon.
This restaurant-quality potato soup is super delicious (and healthy) without all the heavy cream. My husband who won’t touch broccoli and cauliflower could not even tell there was cauliflower in there. I also got two thumbs up from little girl. If you love soup like I do, give this recipe a try. I promise you won't be disappointed =)
The soup look sooooo delish! Thank you so much Sydney for sharing the recipe!! I am going to have to try it for my hubby since this is definitely something he would enjoy and he is also a soup person. Check out Sydney's blog for fashion tips and see how stylish and adorable she is pregnant! Wish I look that stylish when I was carrying baby K!